Monday, September 1, 2008

What's the Point?

If you've managed to stumble across this little site from amongst the millions of blogs that clutter cyberspace, you're probably wondering what on earth the point is. Well, quite simply, I wanted to provide a forum for rational, respectful debate about issues that effect children.

For some time I've frequented blogs and activism sites set up by anti's and also those by paedosexuals and have found myself increasingly frustrated at the lack of dialogue between the two groups.

My favourite anti site has been Absolute Zero United but I find the comments section to be a mire of self-congratulatory posts and insults to anyone who disagrees with the accepted ideology. I'm sure the people who run the site must be more intelligent than they come across in their comments but I suppose it's easier to just insult people than debate issues when you control what your opponents are allowed to say in their posts. Similarly, the posts on Girl Chat tend to lack any serious debate of issues in favour of a pretty uniform opinion.

I realise it's quite likely that neither group will be interested in discussing issues with the other on a neutral playing field but I thought it would be nice to at least provide the field in case anyone turns up... you know, Field of Dreams and all that.

So... discuss away... (cue: sound of crickets chirping)

2 comments:

Curious Flame said...

Hello! I found your blog and I find the concept of it to be quite interesting. Well, I am definitely not an Anti nor a Pedo. I am just a reader, a lurker, and/or a research, if you will. I would be interesting to see rational viewpoints about these issue.

Curious Flame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.