Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lies, Damn Lies and Idiots

As usual, the comments section of AZU is awash with deliberate misrepresentations and blatant lies. There was a time I'd have given them the benefit of the doubt and presumed they'd simply misunderstood what I'd said but I've been exposed to them for long enough now to know that there is no misunderstanding - just outright fabrications. Recently Static posted the following piece of fiction:

I find it extremely telling that you can so easily support the right of the pedophiles to publish their books (which we have stated several times), and the right of Amazon to sell those books (which we have stated several times), but can't seem to support our right to complain about it and the right to refuse to shop at Amazon. You being the "fair-minded," "freedom-supporting," "reasonable" person you are- you should have no problem with us exercising our rights as well as the pedos.

Let me state my position clearly so there can be no further 'confusion'

  • I fully support the right of anyone of any sexual orientation to defend themselves against bigotry and discrimination.
  • I fully support the right of the AZU contributors to speak their 'minds' on any issue.
  • I fully support Amazon's right to sell any legally available literature.
  • I fully support the right of anyone to refuse to shop at Amazon, or any other retailer, if they disapprove of the product being sold. 
  • I believe in, and support, freedom of speech regardless of whether or not I agree with what is being said. 

Static's claim that I don't support either their right to complain or their right to refuse to shop at Amazon is a lie as evidenced by my clear statement above. I expect nothing more than lies and deceipt from one such as he.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, can we have all the book covers they pixelated (in videos, etc - to create the illusion of CP) with counterfoils of the totally benign images.

oncefallendotcom said...

Considering how easy it is to doctor "websnapshots" and photos, everything AZU does is pretty much invalidated. When they give my proof that Patty Wetterling has a sex offender son, I may stop questioning their sanity, but they're credibility can never truly be restored!

WM said...

"If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise we do not believe in it at all."

Noam Chomsky

***
WM